– many many many console commands
– more lenient collision detection for alien (if you hit the legs of the alien, it now counts as a hit)
– misc. code improvements
– you can now toggle the sound
– fixed a bug where the time would start before you initially unpaused the game.
– you can now change the look of you ship in the options menu (there are currently 2 looks)
– slight code improvements
– implemented pausing (initiated by pressing ‘p’ or by opening the options or instructions windows)
– added an instructions page (open by pressing ‘i’)
-alien momentarily turns red when hit
– bug fixes concerning the save function (caused by 0.1.7)
– The alien can now fire back at you!
– 2 new sounds.
– implemented a “lives” system for the player.
– there is now a way to lose the game, so consequently there is a “game over” screen.
– Now has sounds (including ending music)
– the program now keeps track of time, which becomes your final score
– instead of saying “score:”, the program now says “Alien’s life:” (it counts down from 30).
– displays final score on the “You have won” screen
– Press “o” for options (currently the only options are for screen size)
– the alien moves back and forth now
– the “you have won” screen is back
– You can now change the dimensions of the window by editing a few text files.
– changed up the graphics
Notes: 1. The “you have won screen” graphic has been temporarily removed and replaced with a JLabel.
2. It is recommended that you play with the height and width greater than 600 but smaller than 2000.
– 3 different “levels” (the levels don’t visually change, but the difficulty increases)
– The alien is now animated
– You can now save and load your game
– The instructions are now in a readme.txt instead of on the actual game window.
– there is now an enemy
– there is now a way to win (get score of 300)
– the enemy gets increasingly faster every 100 points
– you can no longer get right next to the enemy and spam bullets
(I never uploaded versions 0.0.4 – 0.0.9)